Sunday, July 27, 2008

“My Favourite Computer Game of All Time”

“My Favourite Computer Game of All Time”

Lets go back 6 years ago… “REWIND” there was this game titled Counter Strike. As a school kid, I got attracted with this fascinating game with all those guns and grenades, Flash bangs and also Para guns!

Without any further thinking, me and my mates headed in to the cyber café @ ss15..Started trying to learn how to play the game, which was pretty hard to be good at that starting point.. Playing playing playing… every other day, right after school, we would head to the CC to play more and more…

Got so addicted to Counter strike, that I even purchased the original CD, so that I could play the game online @ my very own home. SiaoW!!

What to do, back then I only have a dial up modem…with telekom, sigh.. the best part is when I’m online playing the Counter strike, my Ping was as high as 250-410pingS! And lots of the rest of the online players have pings like 30- 80pings! And u called that a fair game.. =)

Never minded the laggings, I continue playing the game till the wee wee mornings everyday. I even took my father HIFI set and linked it to my desktop! So that I can have the Bang Bang Sound louder in my room..

“what to do.. no money to use Streamyx, no money to buy good speakers” ok Stop laughing!

Then after about a year practicing Counter Strike, as the counter terrorist and terrorist, I managed to UP my game. Being specializing in Streyl Aug and the AWP, I was able to start nailing down my enemies!

I Bombed my self so many times! a.k.a NewBIE / NOOB!!! OOH.. I also have skipped so many classes to play counterstrike! Damn idiotic…what to do last time still young.. don’t know the importance of studying.. “ I am a bad boy”

Got that calling so many times! NOOB! =)

Then one fine day, Astro Malaysia, the had created 3 servers for us to play online! Yippie! Local server!..

Went in there to play and play and play……. Till I made friends with the admins of the server.

They started to recruit players from their own server! And the brink of Counter strike Frenzy. I was selected to participate with them as a team!

The aStRo Clan! From ASTRO MALAYSIA

They have teams like [$] senior, [E] elite, [J] junior, [x] extreme, and [@] admins

So I started playing with the [J] team..for about 3 months, and got promoted to the [x] team! Coz I was an extreme player! Ahhaahaha=) My fisrt Clan and last clan!

Got to know a lot of new friends, we also managed to get close and play Lan Coutner strikes, which has a combinations of all the players from all teams.

We were mad people, playing in CC all around the klang valley!..

Oooh.. if u guys happen to know that last time in Mid valley, there was this super cool Cyber café, which provides u with nice cushions seats, free flow of drinks and free phone calls…. _-the name of the CC I cant remember..- old di!

Me and my team mates, were used to booking the Conference room, that can fit about 8 players. It’s a room by its self.. We camp there every Friday nights! And occasionally Saturday nights as well, we would play 12 hours a day! =)

Right? Freak right? Ahha… well at least we enjoyed the game, back to the game, we al learned how to work in a TEAM, team playing, and how to improve on our strategy… and skills on the games. We are all assigned to master 2 weapons and team play was da best thing to win a game!

wow..we all started playing from the beta versions to the counter strike Zero.. then we disbanded the team..and all went our separate ways in life.. career was the think giving us the GO! Go! GO!..

Had the best experience with team aStRo ! one team that we will never forget! =) we even played with FMJ numerous times! And other online clans!

Ahh..those were the days.. nothing to worry about except improving our games! Now, that we have grown older, so many commitments in life, I guess working is the only thing revolving in our lifes now.

Oooh..and just 2 days ago.. I bought a Gun. – coz I just loved this gun so so so much when I was playing CS.. I bought an Carbine with Silencer! =) yes yes .. I know its illegal and I am still young at heart ok..! behold .. my masterpiece!











Just wish to get a chance to play with nuffnangers in this fantastic game once more!

I sure do miss those days! Muaxks!! Thanks Astro! And thanks Teams!






1 comment:

Shiveeleaves said...

I still remember i used to go school early and when to CC instead,that time,CC are just booming out and charging RM3-6 per hour with damn loud speaker and people smoking inside,i still so mad about it.